133. Set in the Cipher of the Day on the Enigma (Schluessel M)
according to Cipher Table.
134. Form the indicator group as per paragraph 127 ff and enter it
as the first five-letter Radio Group. Do not encipher it !
l35. Choose Grundstellung at will and set it in in the three
windows of the Enigma from left to right, e.g. W E P. The Grund-
stellung must be different for every message -- including every
message division. The Grundstellung is put into the message
heading as a three-letter group unenciphered.
136. Chose a Message Cipher (e.g. X F R).
For every message -- including every message division -- a
different Message Cipher is to be used.
Note Using any of the following for Grundstellung and Message
Cipher is forbidden: any letter three times, words, abbreviations,
traffic signs, call signs, letters in alphabetical order or in
order of the Enigma key-board.
137. With the Cipher of the Day and chosen Grundstellung set in,
key the Message Cipher once.
Insert the result (e.g. H F I) as a three-letter group directly
after the Grundstellung in the message heading.
133. Set in the chosen unenciphered Message Cipher (e.g. X F R)
in the windows of the Enigma reading from left to right, and key
the letters of the prepared plain text one after the other. The
letters lighting up are to be entered after the last letter of the
unenciphered indicator group as the 6th, 7th, 8th, etc. letters of the
Radio Groups as five-letter groups.
Note: The last group can consist of one, two, three, four,
or five letters.
139. Prepare the message heading. It contains:
Letter Count (including indicator group).
Grundstellung (unenciphered, three-letter).
Enciphered Message-Cipher (three-letter).
140. Example: Time of sending (Time group) 1775 o'clock.